Monday, March 24, 2008

SEO MIXTAPE

this is the version without videos for every song. if you want that check here

So the other day I’m sitting in iTunes picking out a new playlist to listen to while writing an article. I realized I should just make a whole playlist about the whole SEO, affiliate marketing, article marketing experience. I realize that this playlist is really not about SEO but “The SEO Mixtape” sounds a lot cooler than “affiliate marketing mixtape.” Without further ado, The SEO Mixtape



1. Naïve- By the Kooks

Yeah you know we all went through this stage. That eBook that promised MILLIONS in just HOURS. “Well hot damn, I know a lot of people are making money online how hard could this be?” we all thought. Yeah somehow that didn’t work out so hot. Most people give up at this point.

2. A Cause Des Garsons- Yelle
I have no idea what this song talks about, it is in French. In fact I am pretty sure that I even spelled the title of it wrong. The song is gibberish to me just like all the terms used online are gibberish when you start. Monetenize? What does that even mean? Why cant we just say put ads on your website? Optimize Campaigns? Is that a new Transformer?


3. 5 times out a 100- Hot Hot Heat

Oh my god how awesome would it be if every site you made, every campaign you ran, everything you do had a 5% click through rate. I think it’s a goal we all aspire too. Everything we do online seems to aspire to this miracle number. 5 times out of a Hundred. Tell me what my odds are.

4. Return the Favour- The Hives

Yeah let’s do a link exchange! Ill stumble you if you stumble me! Dugg It! Return the Favour online and you’ll get somewhere. Slowly but surely you will get somewhere.

5. What I’m Looking For-Brendan Benson
A song for those of us who feel a need to keep trying new ways to make money online instead of committing to just one. If you have tried running a successful straight up blog, affiliate marketing, yahoo answer campaigns, Pay per click, heck even being paid per post, and after all that are still trying to find an idea that works for you, this ones for you!

6. Trying Not to Think About Time-The Futureheads

“What time is it? Shit!” Uh-oh. The sun has gone up and come down for the day and you didn’t see it once that entire time. Instead you were online researching keywords and writing. 12 hours later… Where did that time go? Why didn’t I just get a 9-5 job?

7. Wrestlemania 5: Hulk Hogan vs. Macho Man…Winner gets Miss Elizabeths Love. –Daggermouth

This song actually has nothing to do with Wrestlemania 5 but I figured the song captured a well known problem in the community. “I am going to get on the computer and WORK! I just need to check email first. Oooh New facebook wall post. They linked me to a hilarious wrestlemania video. HAHA, that was great, I wonder what other funny wrestling videos there are…” 2 hours later: What did I get on this computer to do? CRAP! If only we didn’t have the internet to distract us from working on the internet so much more would get done.

8. Get That Dough-Lil Wayne

If you have ever used a MySpace friend adder, bundled screensavers with adware, or scraped blog posts then pull on your dancing shoes. This song is for you. Make that dough by any means necessary, amirite. Lil Wayne understands you. He also enjoys Getting that Dough. So get ready to boogie

9. The Competition- Kimya Dawson

Yeah I know, I put that horrible singer from Juno on this awesome mix tape. I know. But listen to this song. It is for those days when you just spent a ton on a PPC campaign and didn’t get a single conversion. This is for those days when your site is still getting just two visitors a day. You can’t give up yet. You got to show them. You can do it!

10. Its Not Over Yet-Klaxons

Yeah so you finally got a successful site going. Things are great. But getting 10,000 visitors a day suddenly is not enough, you still want more. Making 100 dollars a day suddenly isn’t enough, and now you want 200. Its not over, Its not over, Its not over yet.