Friday, November 18, 2005

Harry Potter and The Goblet of Fire REVIEW

Last night at 12:01 am the curtain rose and I saw the new Harry Potter movie. Even though I had to get up today at 5:30 in the morning for school, It was worth it. The movie is bloody amazing! I know some of my friends who like to drink the hatred thought that the movie was dumb because it was not super super faithful to the book. I felt that the movie was as faithful as it could be to cut the huge volume that was GOF into a 2 and a half hour movie. They cut a lot of the stuff from the first 200 pages to shorten it, and it shows. This was the one major weak point of the movie because for the first 30-40 minutes the movie skips from scene to scene rather abruptly. But in my opinion that was the only major weakness. The acting was much much better than in the first 2, especially Harry and Hermione. Emma Watson is soooooooo hot at the yule ball (hey man i am only 1 year older than her so that's not weird for me to say) Actually she is hot in the entire movie, but especially in this scene. Hermione and Ron have a great scene during the ball. I don't want to say any more. Ron and the rest of the Weasleys seem to serve as the comic relief of the movie. Fred and George are like uber stoners throughout the whole entire movie and utter lines that seem straight out of "Dude Wheres My Car?" When I say that, I mean it in the best way. The movie would have been incredibly dark without this comic relief. The Death Eaters are seriously scary and the graveyard scene was depressing. Overall I loved this movie. It is a great addition to the Harry Potter franchise, and I feel that if I had to rank the movies I would put them in reverse chronological order. The forth is by far the best, 3rd is 2nd best, and so on. Anyway see for yourself, this movie is almost as much fun as Serenity was!
peace out,
jeff