Friday, November 04, 2005

Iron Man/The libertines/

Iron Man Marvel has taken back the rights that it had licensed for Iron Man. After 2 years, nothing was being done so it appears that Marvel is going to start again with a blank slate. Darnnabit! I love Iron Man so this delay is excruciating. Oh well as long as they take the time to get it right! I dont want another Fantastic Four. Do you hear me Marvel? More like Spiderman, less like Fantastic Four!
Original article link: http://www.darkhorizons.com/news05/051104c.php
The Libertines Johnny Depp fans pay attention. Libertines stars Johnny Depp as (taken from the site) "John Wilmot, the second Earl of Rochester has a passionate romance with a young actress, Elizabeth Barry, and he writes a scurrilous play which lampoons the monarch who commissioned it, Charles II, leading to the Earl's banishment and eventual downfall." The trailer itself is a teaser trailer which is horribly done. Its done in a strange look that looks like a blurred, old, Super 8 film. Seriously what is up with that. My d8 camera looks better than that stuff. The movie looks relatively interesting than. Ever since Charlie and the Chocalate Factory, I have though Depp was alright, but this role may make me think that he is a talented actor AND an oddball that he regularly plays. Also the films trailer declares itself as "The most controversial movie of the year" What is it with movies declaring themselves things this week. First we have Hostel and now this. I am pretty sure a movie about something that happenend in the 1600s isnt going to be the most controversial movie of the year, but.... maybe Check it out for yourself.
Link: http://www.ifilm.com/ifilmdetail/2680358?htv=12
Jarhead After my local paper just bombed this movie, I checked its rating at Rotten Tomatoes. Right now its at 57% I really want this movie to suceed because the trailer is so awesome. But 57% isnt horrible, but it is not great either. My prediction... Great opening weekend, dive bomb off after that, with no chance for an Oscar. While 57% do like it, no ones calling it a must see movie.
Link: http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/jarhead/