Tuesday, November 29, 2005

NARNIA

Narnia
One of the most anticipated movies of the year, Narnia, is now only ten days away from being released so I thought now might be a good time to do some information on it. A nine minute SUPERTRAILER has been released for those recently and I must say that I think this movie is going to smash records. If it’s a well done, well acted movie then it will make tons of money over the holidays. I know I will be going to see it. Everyone knows this story, and a well done movie that’s appropriate for the whole family is not something that happens very often.
Link to supertrailer SUPERTRAILER

If you are as pumped as I am for this movie, have a peek at the Minotaurs costume, courtesy of IGN FILMFORCE. They have close up pictures of the costume that the Minotaur is wearing as well as his weaponry. The “Otmin two headed” axe looks so large and heavy that you would have to be a Minotaur to carry it into battle. But hey, it’s a Minotaur so I am sure it twirls it around like a toothpick. Seeing the Minotaur beat down on stuff will be almost as cool as when Eowyn and the Nazgul had the fight with the mace in LOTR ROTK
THE MINOTAUR
ALSO--- A letter by C.S. Lewis(the author of the Narnia books for those of you who did not know) has recently surface in which he says that a live action version would be “blasphemous” But it is also clear that he is talking about a live action version where the creatures would all be played by people in costumes. The Narnia movie isn’t going to have the creatures played by people in costumes. Thus I think it falls under the category “not blasphemous” Oh well, blasphemous or not, I am still planning on attending this movie.
The letter of blaphemy