Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Jarhead review

NOTE: this is not my oppinion. I have not seen the movie. I had to give my passes to the advance screening to a friend. What follows is his oppinion:
The movie was dissapointing overall. Sam Mendez has made better movies and probably will continue to do so in the future. But this movie simply is not very interesting. This is because nothing really happens, its just crazy people who being out in the desert is causing them to get wackier. The training segments at the beginning are amusing but for most of the movie is not funny. The reason to movie is rated R is because the swear NONSTOP throughout the movie. Jarhead hits its highest point when with stunning camerawork, the army walks through burning oil fields. The advance screening was packed which speaks well for a good opening weekend, but will this movie have the staying power if its a clunker? In my oppinion, no but we will have to see.
Peace out

No comments: